It happens to us all, one day we wake-up and we realise that we’re turning into an adult. Do you think you’re making the change into grown-up? Check out these 17 signs that you’re turning into an adult and see:
1. Instead of ordering pizza, you have this sudden urge to a pizza from scratch. Worse still, you’re thinking of low carb bases.
2. You get sucked into those adverts for the latest vacuum cleaner or steam cleaner. It then becomes your life dream to own one – your home’s cleanliness depends on it!
3. You also start researching cleaning hacks and how to make your own cleaner. It saves money AND the environment!
4. When someone mentions “club” you feign deafness in the hope that no one takes the idea seriously. You want to go home and sleep.
5. Indeed, the idea of going into a nightclub makes you nauseated. They’re loud, it’s late, you’ll never get a taxi AND they’re full of kids.
6. You suddenly find yourself drawn to the candle aisle in shops. They make your home smell lovely and £25 a candle seems very reasonable for that tiny little glass jar.
7. You don’t wear make-up every time you leave the house. Who needs to look good in Walmart anyway? Eventually you’ll only wear make-up when you’re going somewhere fancy.
8. All the postman now brings is fear. Is that a bill? Is that a speeding ticket? Oh the horror!
9. You become obsessed with Netflix. And every time they remove one of your favourite shows it’s like loosing one of the family.
10. Like your parents once proclaimed, the Top 40 is now just full of noise. Who are these scaliwags thinking they’re making music???
11. Indeed, the Brit Awards is just 3 hours of strangers. At least you sometimes know who the outstanding contribution to music artist is. And when Madonna fell over, we knew who she was! Phew.
12. When someone tells you they were born in the 2000’s. How?!
13. You’ve had to Google what certain slang is, because you are no longer down with the kids. And as soon as you’ve caught up with some slang, there’s new words to confuse you.
14. A DIY project actually sounds pretty exiting and fulfilling.
15. You’ve become very particular about your pillows. You know all the different kinds and it upsets you when you stay in a hotel and the pillows are different.
16. In fact, you don’t like any kind of change. Even when the things you complain about change. No change!
17. But most of all, you’re more comfortable in your own skin. Now you’re a geek, weirdo or whatever and very proud!
Journalism graduate and 100% geek. I have worked in writing for the last 7 years as well as dabbling in a science laboratory. So if I ever stop writing, it's because I've been in a lab experiment and turned into a super villain.
I'm particularly interested in video games, comics and Harry Potter. Oh and I have lots and lots of cats.