Being a devoted Harry Potter fan is more than just “liking the books and stuff”. Being a devoted Harry Potter fan is a way of life.
1. You can’t remember how many times you’ve read the books
Harry Potter fans have read the books more than once. Devoted fans have lost count.
2. You still bubble every time you read the books
You know that death is coming but the tears still come.
3. You frown upon the films
They miss out loads from the books. They even change stuff! Barty Crouch Jnr is still a sore point.
4. But you still love the films
Because they are still Harry Potter and we love everything about Harry Potter.
5. You tell your friends the film’s flaws while you watch them
Because you like to channel your Hermione Granger know-it-all attitude.
6. You went to all the midnight film showings in cosplay
You didn’t care if no one else was dressed up.
7. But then you also dressed up for the midnight sale of the new books
Who doesn’t remember queuing outside WH Smith desperate for that new book!
8. You spent all day reading the new book without putting it down
You HAD to know what happened before all your friends.
9. But you had to read all the previous books first
Because you had to ensure all they were fresh in your mind.
10. You now know the books so well that you can quote them
Much to the horror of all your friends.
11. You still look for that owl with your Hogwarts letter
Despite the fact you’re 26 and have a grown-up job.
12. You’ve given yourself your own Hogwarts education
And now you know all the spells by heart.
13. You also know what your form your patronus would take
And you’ve daydreamed about it charging down people who annoy you.
14. You given serious consideration to what your wand would be
10 inches, ash with a phoenix core.
15. When you saw that wand remote on Big Bang Theory…
And your world changed forever.
16. When you introduced your other half to your best friend
And they looked confused when you showed them your Harry Potter books. Yes, Harry Potter is your best friend.
17. You dream about being proposed to with a Harry Potter ring
It will prove that your other half is truly your soulmate.
18. You’ve got your Harry Potter wedding planned on Pinterest
Who cares if you’re single!
19. You want to own a house with a cupboard under the stairs
You might even put a little bed in there.
20. You can’t wait to introduce Harry Potter to your own kids
Because you want to share the magic Harry Potter brought you when you were a child.