Harry Potter is one of the most popular series in the history of films and has broken many records over the past decade or more. It’s a film that has become one of the key earners for the UK over the past decade due to it’s huge fandom and has certainly become one of the greatest names in history. However, we bet there’s a lot you didn’t know about the Harry Potter films behind the scenes.
1. Producers tried to give Daniel Radcliffe green eyes and Hermione buck teeth
Before the first film begun shooting, the producers wanted Daniel Radcliffe to wear green contact lenses but he had a horrible allergic reaction to them.
2. All the food in the Great Hall is real
Every food within the Great Hall during every scene you see is actual real food made by all sorts of different companies and charities.
3. 14 Ford Anglers were wrecked in Chamber Of The Secrets’ famous flying car scene
Yes, 14 Ford Anglers were used for the flying car scene in the Chamber of Secrets.
4. The scenes at 4 Privet Drive were actual houses
The houses at 4 Privet Drive were actual houses. However, they were changed when they needed access to the insides of the houses.
5. It took the owls 6 months to learn how to carry letters
The scene in the Philosopher’s Stone where the owls all fly in with the letters actually took 6 months to train.
6. Many of the paintings in the stairwells were actually part of the crew
For example, this portrait here is production designer, Stuart Craig.
7. There were over 588 sets created for the films
Yes, an enormous 588 sets were created for the film and used throughout the series.
8. Over 40 kittens were brought in for a photo shoot for the kittens in Delirious Umbridge’s teapots
You know Umbridge’s office where she has hella pictures of cats? Well, there was an actual special photo shoot for said cats fr those saucers.
9. Every exterior shot of Hogwarts was created using a model which took 7 months and 40 people to make it
The model is absolutely amazing and can be found at Harry Potter world in the UK. It’s an enormous feat and really an artistic creation that will live on longer than the films memories.
10. Rupert Grint does actually have a severe case of arachnophobia
Just like Ron in the films, Rupert Grint does actually have a severe case of arachnophobia which is why the majority of the spiders in the films were CGI placed.
11. Daniel Radcliffe went through 60-70 wands throughout the making of the movie
Just a little fact here, Daniel Radcliffe actually went through 60-70 wands in the making of the films either due to breaking them or losing them.
12. Around 250 Bodycasts were made for the deaths of characters
This fact is a bit more a morbid one, but 250 body casts were created of generic bodies and specific characters throughout the films.