Like it or not, Christmas is fast approaching. It seems to come round earlier every year and before we know it, the big day’s going to be here then it’ll be gone for another year. There are already plenty of signs that Christmas is just around the corner, and here are nine of them.
You start seeing Christmas stuff in the shops
Even though August hasn’t yet ended.
2. You start hearing Christmas music on the radio and on music channels
Especially that one song in particular by Mariah Carey.
3. Your friends and family start talking about what presents they want from you
Even if you tell them you’re not doing any Christmas shopping till December, you’re still going to have to put up with it for a few months at least.
4. You start seeing Christmas-themed ads everywhere
It really does get unavoidable.
5. Decorations go up!
It’s a race to see who in the street can get theirs up first.
6. Someone at work mentions Secret Santa
The joys of Secret Santa…
7. Christmas jumpers come back into fashion
You’ve got to love a bit of festive knitwear.
8. You can’t go into a supermarket without noticing all the special Christmas food
Think turkey with stuffing, cranberry sauce, Christmas pudding, mince pie and of course lots of chocolate!
9. Coffee shops start rolling out their annual Christmas cups
Not only do Costa Coffee, Starbucks and the like bring out festive cups, they also bring out Christmassy drinks and even mince pies and the like to snack on.