Drake has come a very long way since his role on Canadian TV show Degrassi: The Next Generation and is now among the world’s biggest artists. He’s sold millions upon millions of albums and singles worldwide and has broken all sorts of records along the way. Here are 8 of the coolest records he’s broken.
He simultaneously topped the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, the Billboard 200 albums chart and the Billboard Artist chart for eight weeks, beating the previous record of seven weeks held by Taylor Swift
2. ‘Back To Back’, a diss track aimed at Meek Mill, was the first diss track to earn a Grammy nomination
3. He’s the male with the most weeks at number 1 on the Billboard Artist 100 chart, which measures album and single sales, streaming and social media interaction
4. In the UK, ‘One Dance’ has beaten the record for most streams in a week with over 7 million streams, beating the previous record holder ‘Hello’ by Adele4
5. In the US, his latest album Views logged a record-breaking 572 million streams in the first three weeks since its release
6. During its first week, it was streamed over 245 million times, which is more than double the previous record, held by Beyoncé‘s Lemonade
7. On May 21, following the release of Views, he had a total of 20 songs listed on the Billboard Hot 100, 16 of which were debuts, beating the previous record of 17 held by Justin Bieber
8. ‘One Dance’ has been number 1 in the UK for 13 weeks, making it the longest running number 1 of the century; the previous record holder was Rihanna’s ‘Umbrella’, which was number 1 for 10 weeks
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!