When was the last time you used a pencil, do you remember how delicate they are? Just one wrong press and that lead would break right off. Then you’d spend ages trying to sharpen the pencil – usually with the lead breaking a few times more as you sharpened it. Really, how did we cope before someone invented the mechanical pencil?
Now bearing in mind just how difficult it is to write with a pencil, can you imagine making a sculpture out of a pencil head? No us either, yet that’s what Russian artist Salavat Fidai does. And this artist makes such beautiful, detailed miniature art sculptures that you’d think it must be easy. We’re pretty certain it’s not though.
Have you seen this artist’s amazing miniature art yet? Check out his work below:
1. A Facebook “Like” miniature art
2. This gargoyle might be little, but it still looks fearsome
3. A teeny-weeny X-box controller – look at the detail!
4. Show your love of the rebels with this Mockingjay miniature art from Hunger Games
5. Check out all the amazing wrinkles in this miniature art elephant
6. A tiny guitar with little guitar strings!
7. How about this miniature art astronaut?
8. Immortan Joe from Mad Max: Fury Road is very impressive (and creepy!)
9. Just how did he manage to make this tiny Eiffel Tower?
10. This Ultron will make even the Avengers go “awww”
11. For every Star Trek fan it’s only logical to be impressed by this
12. And no miniature art would be complete without a little Yoda