Nickelodeon actress-turned-singer Ariana Grande is one of the most popular pop stars around today. Not only has she racked up a series of huge hits (‘Problem’ ft. Iggy Azalea, ‘Bang Bang’ with Jessie J and Nicki Minaj, ‘Focus’ and ‘Into You’) she’s also got a huge online following, with a staggering 84 million Instagram followers. Here are 11 of her best quotes to remember.
‘Some people will find any reason to hate. Don’t waste your time. Lighten up! It takes so much less energy to smile than to hate. Enjoy life.’
2. ‘If you’re passionate about something then it will definitely work out for you. You should never stop believing in something, and you shouldn’t listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Never give up on something you love.’
3. ‘With every choice I’ve made, I’ve learned something new.’
4. ‘I just love to shop. If I could, I would shop every single day in every single store and spend all of my money which, you know, I do anyway.’
5. ‘The best fashion advice I’d say would be just to do what makes you comfortable and what makes you feel cute. And that’s how you’re gonna look your best. Because when you feel your best, everybody else can feel it too.’
6. ‘I don’t feel much pressure to fit in. I never have. I’ve always just wanted to do my thing. I have really good friends and good family, and if I don’t fit in somewhere else, I fit in at home.’
7. ‘Love is a really scary thing, and you never know what’s going to happen. It’s one of the most beautiful things in life, but it’s one of the most terrifying. It’s worth the fear because you have more knowledge, experience, you learn from people, and you have memories.’
8. ‘Block out all the negative energy, and just love.’
9. ‘Sometimes, people can be extraordinarily judgmental and closed-minded to anyone different or special, which is why it’s so hard for young people in this day and age to be comfortable enough in their own skin to not listen to the people picking on them.’
10. ‘I think it’s so important for girls to love themselves and to treat their bodies respectfully.’
11. ‘Don’t ever doubt yourselves or waste a second of your life. It’s too short, and you’re too special.’
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!