Football is the biggest sport in the world, without any question. Therefore there are plenty of diehard fans of the sport that really take their passion for a club or their international team to the next level. We decided we wanted to celebrate the start of football again by writing about 14 of the struggles that every football fan will know of when it comes to all things football.
1. If you don’t have Sky, either trying to find a stream or check your app for updates
2. If you don’t have either of these, the excruciating wait for Match Of the Day at 10:20
3. International weekends…
4. The Summer is the time you’re off from work or school and they THEN decide to have a break from Football??
5. Leaping off your feet in utter joy every time your International team score because they’re so woefully bad every other time
6. Seeing an 18-year-old score a goal on his debut and hailing him as the next Messi, Pele or Ronaldo
7. Getting into the casual banter as to what’s so bad and what’s so great about another colleague/schoolmates team
8. Seeing Ronaldo or Hazard doing an amazing trick during and game and going outside the next day and trying to replicate that same trick on your dog
9. Playing football with your dog is not a fair equal by the way as they’re usually at head height with the ball and aren’t afraid to bite your ankles
10. Playing Football Manager because that’s the closest you’ll ever be to managing a real life Football team
11. Playing FIFA with your own created player as that’s the closest you’ll ever come to being a professional football player
12. Sorting out your Fantasy Team every week to get rid of that player in form last week but not this week
13. Then that player going and being in form this week and your player you brought in doing nothing of any worth… always the way
14. Getting so damned excited about any Football on TV, it’s like some sort of event