If you’ve ever worked in an office before, you’ll definitely know the ins and outs and the sort of people you face working in an environment like that. Therefore, we all know how sometimes when you’re having a bad day, every little thing can annoy you and then these things will begin to annoy you for the rest of your office life. Here are just 20 of those that we’ve all experienced.
1. Unnecessarily loud typing.
We all know that one person who absolutely abuses each and every individual key as they write out an email. Stop it!
2. People who ask to share your lunch with you.
Errr na, get your own peanut butter and jelly sandwich mate, this wonderful creation is mine!
3. Who left the kettle empty?
What person would think it’s okay to leave the kettle empty? I now have to waste five minutes of my life filling the bleeding thing up and then waiting for it to boil again!
4. That Barry Scott character who screams at you like you’re deaf.
There’s always one guy or girl who seems to shout just a bit loudly because they’re either always angry or used to shouting at people down the phone. Pipe down mate!
5. Those colleagues that actually tell you every detail of their weekend.
Woah woah woah, stop. I was just being kind, I don’t actually care. Bye now.
6. That attention seeker who sighs really loudly until you ask them what’s wrong.
Oh there’s always someone who’s broken up with their boyfriend or who has “had a stressful week”.
7. The great banter-king who has changed your desktop picture to a picture of something side-splittingly hilarious.
There’s always one lad in the office who thinks he’s gods gift to banter.
8. The colleague who always talks about their kids.
No, I don’t care that Kelly and Clarke had a great time on the weekend at the park, i’ve got deadlines here!
9. People who look at your screen when they stand behind you.
Hey, no copying!
10. Those meetings about meetings.
Seriously, we’re currently sat in this room to talk about organising a meeting? Why don’t we.. umm…just have that..meeting now.
11. When your mind wanders and you find yourself on Facebook.
It’s happened to all of us. If there’s a computer and we’re bored, it’s almost a natural reaction to just go to Facebook.
12. The air conditioning that’s always either too hot or too cold.
Isn’t the idea of a thermostat to keep the damn room at the same temperature? Clearly not.
13. Having to eat your lunch at your desk.
You have too much work and can’t afford to spend half an hour away from your computer screen to socialise.
14. The new young employees all calling you “buddy” and “pal”.
No, I am not your “buddy” or “pal”, I don’t know you. What’s your name?
15. Those who type really fast like it’s some sort of contest.
There’s always someone in the office who’s the competitive type and keeps looking over to see if they’re typing quicker than you.
16. The colleague who is always over-excited about Holidays and ends up putting Christmas decorations up in October.
It’s just too early. Halloween hasn’t even happened yet, don’t remind me I have to start thinking about when I’m buying everyone’s presents.
17. When someone younger than you is your boss.
Well that’s just not fair. Sure they’re smarter, hard working and ridiculously good-looking but I’ve been here longer!
18. People who forward you chain mail.
Seriously, these still exist? The email that contains absolutely nothing funny but is sent anyway as someone in the office is afraid they will die if they don’t send it by 8pm tonight.
19. That person who’s too ill for work but decides to come in anyway and make everyone else ill.
“Oh, I was a trooper and came in any way!” I wish you hadn’t! Get away from me you germy freak!
20. The person who laughs really loudly and then looks around looking for someone to ask what they’re laughing at.
Oh it’s so cringey, just stop. I love looking at them and seeing the disappointment when no one catches the bait.