James Corden’s career has gone from strength to strength since he moved to America and became host of The Late Late Show. He’s done pretty much everything an entertainer can do these days: he’s acted in TV shows, films and stage plays, plus he’s done plenty of work in comedy, writing and presenting. His Carpool Karaoke series featuring various celebrities is hugely popular as well. It’s safe to say, he’s got his fingers in many pies. Here are 11 facts about James Corden – how many of them did you know?
His very first on-stage appearance was in the musical Martin Guerre in 1996, though he only had the one line
2. Then in 1998, he starred in an advert for the soft drink Tango
3. From 2004-2007 he featured in the theatre production of The History Boys as Timm and the show toured internationally, visiting the UK, the US, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand; he also reprised his role in the film adaptation
4. In 2012 he won a Tony Award for Best Leading Actor in a Play for his performance in One Man, Two Guvnors
5. When it came to popping the question to his now wife Julia Carey in 2010, he hid the engagement ring in her stocking on Christmas Day
6. The two would later marry in 2012 and they have two children, Max and Carey
7. His father worked as an RAF musician then as a Christian bookseller, while his mother was a social worker
8. He left school at the age of 17 and only had two GCSEs to his name
9. His all-time favourite band is Take That; he managed to get the band (as a threesome, no less) to film a special edition of Carpool Karaoke for Red Nose Day
10. He had a brief stint on Hollyoaks but was less than complimentary about the people he met there, saying he’d rather die than go back
11. He’s been quite open about his celebrity crushes over the years and has admitted to fancying Samantha Womack, Lily Allen and Alexandra Burke
From dealing with the logistics of bills to figuring out what stage you're at in a relationship or dealing with your partner's ridiculously annoying habits, these cartoons and comic strips really hit the nail on the head.