Home Tech Entertainment Everything You Need To Know About Fortnite Season 9

Everything You Need To Know About Fortnite Season 9

Fortnite is without a doubt one of the biggest games ever released. Developed by Epic Games, this post-apocalyptic, multi-player game has been played by hundreds of millions of people around the world and has generated billions of pounds in revenue. It’s set in a world where 98% of the human population have been wiped out by a storm, leaving the remaining 2% to fight for survival as zombie-like creatures continue to threaten their existence.

What are Fortnite Seasons?

via Gamesradar.com

The Fortnite Battle Royale mode has a continuous narrative that’s split into seasons. Each season lasts 10 weeks, or five fortnights. Whenever a new season starts, there are noticeable changes to the game’s map, as well as new gaming content for players to access and new character skins. Seasons have a theme and typically include a number of limited-time events for players to take part in. If you purchase a Battle Pass using the game’s own currency V-Bucks, you’ll be able to unlock up to 100 tiers of extras during a season. Each Battle Pass can only be used for the season it’s purchased in. Whenever a new season comes around, if you want to be able to unlock lots of rewards, you’ll have to purchase a new Battle Pass.

Fortnite Season 9

via Playstation.com

The ninth season of Fortnite started in May 2019 and is set to end in July, though there’s some speculation it may be extended and might not actually come to an end until August. This ongoing season has a futuristic theme and sees areas that were destroyed by the Unvaulting in season 8 reconstructed using an array of futuristic-style materials. Below is the official teaser for Fortnite Season 9:

‘The volcano has erupted and from the ashes, Neo Tilted rises. Grab the squad to explore the bright lights of new attractions like Peely’s Banana Stand, Nugget Hut and Mega Mall before the storm hits.’

Neo Tilted is a towering new city built on the former site of the Tilted Towers, while Mega Mall stands in the place of Retail Row. One of the most exciting features introduced in Season 9 is the slipstream, a sort of wind tunnel that lets you travel from one part of the map to another a lot faster. There’s also the combat shotgun, a brand new weapon you’ll definitely want to try out. Purchase a Battle Pass and embark on a mission to uncover 100 ‘fortbytes’, unlock new challenges and discover the many secrets of Season 9.



James Gibson
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!
11,133FansLike
540FollowersFollow
744FollowersFollow

PEOPLE READING NOW

7 of Life’s Biggest Questions We Still Don’t Have Answers To

Here are seven unsolvable questions that would puzzle even Stephen Hawking himself.

Japan’s First Female Photo-Journalist is Still Shooting At 101. What’s Her Secret?

Tsuneko Sasamoto is not only one of Japan's first female photo-journalists, but also one of the country's oldest photographers. Even more impressively, the 101-year-old...

12 Weirdest Things Supermodels Have Ever Worn on the Catwalk

You won't believe the extent to which fashion can go. If you can't believe here this is the weirdest things supermodels have worn on the catwalk!

53 Rihanna Lyrics That Would Make Great Instagram and SnapChat Captions

Calling all Instagram-users and SnapChat addicts! Your pics need these 53 Rihanna-inspired captions: Captions for partying:Cheers to the freakin' weekend. Like brrap, brrap, brrap. Cake, cake, cake,...

Best Scariest Movies To Watch This Halloween

Halloween is getting closer and closer and TV Channels will begin showing more and more horror movies to celebrate. However, if you're looking to...