During Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, little was seen of his wife Melania. Since Trump became president, she’s still continued to take quite the backseat role and hasn’t even moved into the White House yet, saying she’s putting her son’s needs first. It may be a while before she joins her husband in the White House and makes more public appearances, but in the mean time here’s some facts about Melania Trump – how many of them did you know?
She’s Donald Trump’s third wife and is the first third wife to be married to a president
2. The two got married in 2005 and the ceremony was attended by Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Barbara Walters and even Bill and Hillary Clinton
3. She was raised in communist Yugoslavia and speaks five languages: English, French, German, Serbian and Slovene
4. She’s the first first lady to have been raised in a communist country and only the second to have been abroad after Louisa Adams, who was the English wife of the sixth president John Quincy
5. She attended the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia and studied architecture and design
6. She was doing professional modelling shoots by the age of 16 and is the only first lady to have ever posed nude
7. Some of the magazines she’s appeared in include GQ, Vogue Sports Illustrated and Vanity Fair
8. In 2010 she launched Melania Timepieces and Jewelry, her own jewellery line, on QVC
9. Her caviar-based skin care line, Melania Caviar Complexe C6, was launched in 2013
10. She was a Goodwill Ambassador for the American Red Cross from 2005 to 2009
11. She’s the first First Lady since 1853 not to move into the White House on inauguration day
12. A poll by Gallup found that Melania Trump is the least popular wife of a president since 1988
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!