Peanut Butter is something you either love or you hate, but for most, it’s something that we absolutely love. Therefore, doesn’t the idea of Chocolate Peanut Butter spread sound absolutely amazing? Reece actually produce their own version, but everything is always better homemade and it’s always tastier when you’ve put in the labour yourself to do it. Well, we’ve decided it sounds so good, we wanted to give you a recipe for you to be able to do it at home and spread it all over your toast… or anything else you want to eat it off really.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
1. Melt the chocolate chips into a double-boiler or in a microwave until they’re smooth. However, take care not to burn the chocolate and make it lumpy. Let it cool until lukewarm but still liquid.2. Scrape melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add peanut butter, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until thoroughly combined.
2. You’ll need to scrape the melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add the 1-1/2 cups of smooth peanut butter, 1/4 cup of softened butter or margarine, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Then stir through thoroughly until they’ve all nicely combined.
3. Then take your 1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules and mix them with 1 teaspoon of hot water until completely dissolved. Then add the liquid coffee mixture to the chocolate peanut butter mixture and combine.4. Scrape into glass jars with tight seals. Serve as a spread with cookies, crackers, or toast or use as a filling for cakes.
4. Then voila! Your mixture is ready to eat. You should spread the mixture into tightly closed glass jars and seal them tightly. Then you can serve them on toast, crackers, cookies or just fillings for cakes.
5. Plus, we know Christmas and New Year’s is over, but these jars would still make great Birthday presents and gifts to anybody. Especially if they’re placed in nice jars such as below.