Rak Su were crowned winners of the 14th series of The X Factor after impressing viewers with their string of self-penned songs. The Watford foursome were releasing an album later on in 2018 and, given their popularity on the show, it’s sure to be a success. Here are some interesting rak su facts 2020 you may not have known about the hot new group.
The name ‘Rak Su’ comes from the saying ‘Tracks vs Suits’, which basically means music and fun vs work and boringness
2. While they were on The X Factor, they performed a total of eight different self-penned songs
3. They even admitted to writing no fewer than nine for the Judges’ Houses stage of the competition, having to whittle down their collection to the one they thought would get them to the live shows
4. They topped the vote every week except the third, when they came second
5. For the final vote, the group ended up securing a respectable 51.7% of the votes
6. The roles of the individual members are as follows: Ashley is a poet, songwriter and rapper; Jamaal is a songwriter and singer; Mustafa is a DJ, beatboxer and dancer; and Miles is a music producer and rapper
7. Before they become contestants on the show, Ashley and Miles both worked as a recruitment managers, Jamaal was an NHS worker and Mustafa worked as a hotel receptionist
8. Some of the group’s biggest inspirations include The Notorious B.I.G., Usher, J-Cole and The Soulection Movement
9. Prior to auditioning for The X Factor and going on to win the show, the group say their biggest thrill was getting to perform in Paris
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!