As viewers we tend to get consumed by the characters in Game of Thrones – what they’re up to, what will happen to them and, most likely, predicting how many episodes before their deaths.
But what about the cast? Here are 15 facts you didn’t know about the Game of Thrones Cast:
1. Jack Gleeson, who played Joffrey, also played a kid in Batman Begins. Batman saved Joffrey in the film. Cheers Batman!
2. Like many other famous actors, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau’s (Jamie Lannister) first major American role was in Black Hawk Down
3. The Hound (played by Rory McCann) first found fame in that infamous Scotts Porridge advert. Recognise him now?!
4. Sophie Turner who plays Sansa Stark is actually a natural blonde. She dyes her hair ginger for every season. She makes a really good ginger!
5. Theon Greyjoy aka Alfie Allen is Lily Allen’s brother
6. Robb Stark is dating Soufle Girl from Doctor Who. Or rather Richard Madden who played Robb Stark is dating Jenna Louise Coleman who plays the Doctor’s companion.
7. Peter Dinklage aka Tyrion Lannister is the Wake-Up guy on Seinfield
8. Bronn is Jerome from Robson and Jerome. Yes. You read correctly. Remember when they did Unchained Melody?
9. Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) was Hermione Granger’s mum in Harry Potter
10. Osha played by Natalia Tena was also in Harry Potter. She played the auror Nymphodora Tonks
11. Thomas Brodie-Sangster who plays Jojen Reed is that cute little kid from Love Actually who got to play Liam Neeson’s step son
12. Stephen Dillane who played Stannis Baratheon is the real-life father of Frank Dillane who played the young Tom Riddle in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. What an evil family…
14. Robert Baratheon played by Mark Addy was also the fat guy in British comedy The Full Monty alongside Robert Carlyle (who happens to be one of the only British actors not in Game of Thrones yet)
15. Oona Chaplin who played the wife of Robb Stark, Talisa Maegyr, is actually the great-granddaughter of Charlie Chaplin