With over 317 million active users and around 500 million tweets sent every day, Twitter is one of the most popular social media networks around today. Like all others, it can be addictive. The question is, are you addicted? Here are signs you are completely addicted to Twitter – how many apply to you?
You use the word ‘hashtag’ in everyday conversation, much to the annoyance of those around you
2. You’ve come very close to reaching the daily tweet limit of 2,400 tweets in a single day
3. You check your phone hundreds of times every day to see what’s going on in the Twitterverse – you check it as soon as you wake up and fall asleep on your phone
4. You’re one of those people who goes out in public looking at their phone the whole time they’re out
5. If you’re ever involved in an accident or some sort of unfortunate incident, the first thing you think to do is to tweet about it
6. You panic when your phone comes close to dying
7. You’ve forgotten what your local area looks like because you spend all your time staring at your phone tweeting
8. No matter how many followers you have, it’s never enough
9. You feel a real sense of accomplishment whenever you hit a follower milestone (i.e., 1,000 followers, 10,000 followers) and think it a cause for celebration
10. Your ultimate goal is to create a hashtag that ends up trending worldwide
11. You’d rather spend time tweeting than socialising with real-life people
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!