Even though Donald Trump’s wife Melania is the First Lady of the United States, it’s his daughter Ivanka who’s been receiving the most media attention. The businesswoman and assistant to the president has gained more of a media following than Melania since Donald Trump became president and was a prominent figure during her father’s campaign trail. Here are 8 things you need to know about Ivanka Trump.
She converted to Judaism for her husband Jared Kushner, who has been Senior Adviser to the President of the United States
2. The two got married in 2009 and have three children together: Arabella Rose, Theodore James and Joseph Frederick
3. Even though it was reported that various stores had boycotted her clothing line due to her father becoming President, in January and February, sales boomed, with some stores reporting increases as much as 557% compared to the previous year
4. She was just 15 when she launched her modelling career; her first cover was for Seventeen and she would later go on to walk the runway for Versace and Thierry Mugler
5. She served as Executive Vice President of Development and Acquisition for the Trump Organization, though had to give up this position when her father became President
6. Though their parents are political rivals, Ivanka enjoys a close friendship with none other than Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Bill and Hillary Clinton, the latter of whom Trump defeated to become President
7. She and her husband purchased a $5.5 million home on Tracy Place in the Washington suburb of Kalorama; just a few hundred yards away is where the Obamas live!
8. Thanks to her work with the Trump Organization and her various businesses (she has her own fashion line, including handbags, shoes, clothes and accessories), her net worth is estimated at $150 million