It’s every Harry Potter fans dream – there are Harry Potter illustrated books being released every year for the next 7 years. It’s almost like receiving a whole new set of Harry Potter books!
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone has been illustrated by the wonderful Jim Kay and has been released in October 2015. All the illustrations that have been shared from the illustrated Harry Potter book so far are simply stunning and, for lack of a better phrase, are rather magical. You can see them all below:
1. A young Harry Potter looks innocent, free of the worries that Lord Voldemort will cause him over the years. Jim Kay has really captured the Boy Who Lived’s broken glasses, green eyes and messy hair.
2. Trevor the Toad and a delivery owl are brought to life by the illustrations of Jim Kay. Can you imagine one of these owls bringing you a Hogwarts letter?
3. Hagrid’s hut looks like a magical place to live in Harry Potter illustrated. We especially like the fact Hagrid has made a dragon scarecrow to keep animals away from his pumpkin patch. But really, what else would Hagrid make other than a dragon?
4. Diagon Alley looks as magical as it sounds in the book. Quirky, leaning buildings that are full of character and magic. How tempting would it be to spend all your gold here?
5. Hogwarts is being held up by magical trees in this illustration by Jim Kay. There’s even what looks like a dragon-shaped tower.
6. More of our favourite characters – Hagrid, Ron, Hermione and and Draco Malfoy- have been imagined up by Jim Kay for Harry Potter illustrated. Hagrid is especially exciting as he towers in the cabin with his skull and crossbones tie.
7. Really, who isn’t awfully excited for the Harry Potter illustrated book?
Are you excited by the new Harry Potter illustrated version of the Sorcerer’s Stone? You can order it here.