1. When you first go to a new school, life is a breeze! Then a couple of years later, your little sibling joins and everything changes…
2. Suddenly, you have to be careful not to do anything wrong because you know they’ll go straight to your parents.
3. But if you were the younger sibling, you felt safe knowing your older brother or sister was going to be there to protect you.
4. And you’d always feel cool whenever one of your older siblings friends said “hello” to you.
5. But things start getting tense when your parents insist that you get a joint school photo together.
6. And your teachers are getting your names mixed up constantly!
7. Parents’ Evening was always daunting, because if one of you did worse than the other, you’d be in trouble at home.
8. The younger sibling never got to wear a brand new school uniform.
9. When your parents picked you up, you’d fight to get in the front seat… Usually you both had to sit to the back.
10. If you took the school bus home, you’d pretend not to notice each other.
11. But if your parents asked, you were totally like…
12. Even though you had your differences, you made sure you looked out for each other.
13. And luckily, the older sibling had the inside scoop on all the future coursework, homework and exams that you would have to deal with.
14. So all in all, you were glad you got to share your school experience together.