Show this post to anybody who doesn’t have children and we guarantee they won’t understand what the heck these mum’s are talking about!
1. People who don’t have kids don’t realize how lucky they are.
I thought I had a headache this morning but it turns out I just have kids.
— Sarcastic Mommy (@sarcasticmommy4) April 18, 2016
2. They’ll never understand the sheer misery that noisy toys bring.
I used to think my mother-in-law liked me. Then she gave my son a recorder.
— Jen Simon (@NoSleepInBklyn) October 17, 2014
3. And when you have kids, tidying up is a whole different ball game.
Just your everyday 15 month old child mess!! ? pic.twitter.com/OBf12KYrKB
— Lauren (@LaurenBeautyTip) February 22, 2016
4. A day without tantrums is a successful day.
My children are getting along and laughing this morning. The planets must be out of alignment.
— Cathryn (@AngryRaccoon2) April 18, 2016
5. And forget about owning the latest gadgets!
One thing I hadn't accounted for when I became a parent was how much higher the percentages became that my phone could end up in a toilet.
— Mike Reynolds (@EverydayGirlDad) April 21, 2016
6. You’re not worried about owning the latest fashions. It’s enough to leave the house with everybody clothed!
50% of parenting is telling people to put their pants back on.
— Jen Simon (@NoSleepInBklyn) April 21, 2016
7. But hey, at least with kids you get to have a bit of fun, right?
— Ilana Wiles (@mommyshorts) April 28, 2013
8. The laughter doesn’t last long when you realise you have to actually cook nutritious meals every single day.
If you wait long enough to make dinner, everyone will just eat cereal.
— Sarcastic Mommy (@sarcasticmommy4) August 6, 2014
9. And you have to be a role model because they pick up on everything you say and do.
Who taught my daughter to freak out over every little thing that doesn't go her way?
Oh shit, it was me, wasn't it?
— OneFunnyMummy (@OneFunnyMummy) September 11, 2014
10. At some point, you’re going to think your child is secretly working against you.
I'm not sure what I did wrong but the pile of LEGOs left on the bath mat while I was in the shower seems like some kind of threat.
— Jessica Watson (@JessBWatson) April 22, 2016
11. Perfect selfies are for people without kids, for sure.
My Daughter and my modeling submissions for JCPenney. Sure hope we get picked. pic.twitter.com/9EugCNgPkB
— Faux Ma (@Faux_Ma) August 17, 2013
12. Sometimes all you can do is joke about it.
if my kid pushed any more buttons, I'd be an elevator..
— dadmissions (@Dadmissions) April 18, 2016
13. And make sure you get as much “me time” as possible, even if that means taking time out in some of the strangest places.
Prior to having kids, I never thought I'd consider sitting on my own in the car, a hobby.
— Fluffy Suse (@fluffysuse) April 27, 2015
14. Because for the next 18 years, you’re going to be watching your back…
Kids are easy to care for until they learn to roll over. After that you're never
sure what they're up to for the rest of their lives.
— Susan W (@Maxine12333) October 15, 2014
15. …dreaming of a life you’ll never live again.
#parentlife sitting down playing cards and drinks and think back and want to go on a late night adventure. But realize you have kids
— Katanna Marie (@LadyLevaness26) May 8, 2016
16. But once you finally get a full night’s sleep, you know it’s all been worth it!
— Sue Parke (@SparkeFitness) May 18, 2016