Is it just me, or have you ever wanted to stand next to Zac Efron, with bouffant hair and a kitsch dress, and sing a moving duet about growing up? Or wished you were next to batman as he took down the joker just in time? Or perhaps you’d rather have been a fellow gunslinger riding alongside Clint Eastwood to save the western gal from a gang of cutthroats? We’ve all fantasized about being on the big screen at some point, here’s 12 films we secretly wish we could have been in…
1. Mamma Mia! Singing with Colin Firth in Life Goals
2. The Notebook- On a boat with Ryan Gosling in the rain. Need we say anymore?
3. Spy Kids- Pretending to be a spy with loads of gadgets for your whole childhood? Jealous.
4. Bridesmaids- Because you probably would have laughed non-stop for the whole shoot.
5. Pride and Prejudice- Because the locations were spectacular.
6. Casablanca- because it could have been you Humphrey Bogart looked in the eyes and said ‘here’s looking at you kid.’
7. The Devil Wears Prada- because the sass in that film is off the chart and Meryl Streep herself could give you diva training.
8. Gone Girl- who hasn’t wanted to pretend to be a psycho wife, or scapegoated husband before?
9. 12 Years a Slave- because you could have been part of one of the most important films to be made in recent years.
10. Shawshank Redemption. The chance to meet Morgan Freeman himself, and be in a classic.
11. Lord of the Rings. Imagine being surrounded by a troupe of elves, hobbits, men and wizards all day. Imagine if you didn’t just have to imagine it.
12. Mad Max- Lots of fights. Lots of epic chases across the desert. Lots of cool face paint. What’s not to like?