Hollywood actress Cameron Diaz has long been in the movie industry and is one of the most successful actresses of her generation. In fact, she’s the third highest grossing actress in the US, behind only Scarlett Johansson and Emma Watson. Here are 11 fascinating facts you never knew about her.
Of the many films she’s been in, she regards Gangs of New York as the pinnacle of her career
2. Though she married Benji Madden in 2015, she had previously said she thought marriage was an outdated institution
3. Between the ages of 16 and 21 she was an international model, working in numerous countries across the world
4. As a kid, her favourite TV show was Tom and Jerry, since she loved how much the cat and mouse would beat up and torture each other
5. She became the second actress in history – after Julia Roberts – to be paid $20 million for a film when she signed on to appear in Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
6. One of her fellow high school students was none other than Snoop Dogg (he wasn’t known as Snoop Dogg back then though!)
7. Speaking of high school, while she was there her nickname was Skeletor due to her tall and rather skinny frame at the time
8. Despite breaking her nose at least four times from various accidents, including one surfing one, she remains a keen surfer
9. She auditioned for her first film, The Mask, at the age of 21 despite having no prior acting experience at all
10. Directing and producing films are both too time-consuming for her; she prefers simply acting in them, since she has ADD and lengthier tasks can cause her to lose focus
11. She has quite an interesting background and parentage; her mother is of English, German and Cherokee descent, while her father is of Cuban-American descent
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!