Are you wondering what separates a true friend from a fake friend? Nobody can tell you better than Phoebe. She knows that boyfriends and girlfriends come and go, but friends are for life!
1. A true friend is someone who you can trust and who won’t judge you.
Best friends will never tell your secrets. When Chandler told Phoebe he was buying Monica an engagement ring, she knew she had to keep it to herself.
2. They won’t deliberately hurt your feelings.
Friends know that it’s important to be truthful, but they also need to know when to be tactful! Phoebe knows it’s better to tell a white lie than to her Joey’s pride…
3. And they’ll be supportive no matter what.
Phoebe stuck up for Rachel when she found out she was pregnant, telling her she wouldn’t have to do it on her own.
4. They won’t care if you make a fool of yourself.
A good friend will tell you if you look ridiculous, but a best friend will be ridiculous with you!
5. Because that’s what most of your time will be spent doing.
Friends who play together, stay together!
6. They’ll cry when you cry.
Friendship isn’t always fun and games. They need to be there through the bad times as well as the good!
7. But most of the time they’ll stay positive for you.
A friend will be your biggest cheerleader (even if they are just trying to get Sting tickets out of you!)
8. A true friend will always check in you to make sure you’re okay.
Make sure you keep in touch whether its by phone, text, Skype, Facebook or face-to-face!
9. They’ll surprise you with awesome gifts.
Because everybody would appreciate a painting with half a body coming out of it….
…and a sock bunny (or sock rabbit, if you wish)!
10. And they’ll always have the best suggestions.
Phoebe Geller-Green has a nice ring to it, we think!
11. They’re not afraid to tell it like it is.
The truth hurts, but when Phoebe tells it, it doesn’t seem so bad…
12. They’ll always have your back.
It’s always good to know a friend is willing to kick butt for you, even when it’s Ross!
13. They’ll warn you if you’re about to make a terrible decision.
That plane would have definitely crashed if Rachel had stayed on, we’re sure of it…
14. A great friend is someone you’ll share amazing memories with.
Phoebe, Monica, Chandler and the gang have 10 amazing years to look back on!
15. They’re not scared to be vulnerable in front of you.
If when you’re lost inside your own sweater, a true friend is right by your side.
16. Sure, you’ll have your fall outs.
Getting mad only means you care.
17. But you can never stay mad at each other for too long.
Always hug it out!