Most people count down the days until Christmas, but there is a special few of us who spend our time eagerly waiting for Halloween. For these people, Halloween is a month long event that begins on October 1st and doesn’t end until you’re full of candy/incredibly hungover mid-way through November. Here are 19 other things all Halloween lovers know to be true.
1. As soon as September ends you can hardly contain your excitement.
2. Because that means there are only 30 more days until Halloween!
3. You spend hours planning your perfect costume.
4. Which is both topical and hilarious.
5. But none of this sexy Halloween costume crap – you’re going for full on scary!
6. And your other half gets roped into a couples’ costume whether they like it or not.
7. When you meet people who love Halloween just as much as you do, you instantly become best friends.
8. And nothing is going to stop you celebrating on the 31st – hurricane, nuclear war, real life zombie apocolypse – whatever!
9. When you’re young you can’t wait to dress up and get all the free candy.
10. And when you’re an adult you just replace the sweet stuff with booze (it’s the same principal.)
11. Plus you get to indulge in your love of horror movies without anyone thinking you’re morbid.
12. And all your favourite shows air their Halloween specials.
13. You’ve got pumpkin carving down to a fine art.
14. And as well as waiting for free candy you can’t resist buying any snacks that are remotely Halloween themed.
15. Shut up and take my money!
16. But making your own spooky treats is just as good!
17. In the spirit of Halloween you try to scare your friends.
18. But they don’t always think it’s as funny as you do.
19. But that’s ok, because they’ll forgive you. Eventually…
What’s your favourite part about Halloween?
Let us know in the comments.