It’s hard to believe that Channel’s 4 hit series Gogglebox has been on air since March 2013. The show has been a huge success thanks to its simplicity (it is essentially a TV show about people watching TV) and, of course, its hilarious cast. Though the cast has changed over the years, with some having been there since day one, some having moved on to bigger things (i.e. Scarlett Moffatt) and some having only just arrived, the show has always been full of laughs and entertainment. Here are 9 facts you didn’t know about the cast of Gogglebox.
Leon and June have been married for over 60 years and both worked as teachers, with Leon teaching history and June teaching English; together they have two daughters and three grandchildren
2. Reverend Kate only started going to church because she fancied the vicar’s son, who she’s now married to; they’ve been together for 22 years and have two children together
3. There are actually six members of the Michael family. We usually see mum Carolyne, dad Andy, daughter Alex and son Louis, though there’s also a second daughter Katie, who’s popped up a few times and a second son, Pascal, who hasn’t yet been seen on the show
4. When the show started, Christopher and Stephen had been dating for five-and-a-half months, though they’d been friends for nine months; they split up after the first series because the show forced them to spent too much time together
5. The Malones are nearly always seen with their dogs; there are five of them altogether and their names are Dave, Frankie, Izzy, Joe and Lucy
6. Josef was a Cluedo world champion, while Bill was a British chess champion; the two of them met on a Monopoly-themed walk
7. Viv Woerdenweber runs a goth-themed shop called Twilight and her husband Ralph plays the drums in a band called Citizen Zen
8. We usually see Sid Siqqiui appear with his two sons Umar and Bassit, though he actually has another son (who appears rarely), as well as a camera-shy wife and two daughters
9. Only four groups of people have appeared in every series to date: Leon and June; the Tapper family; Christopher and Stephen; and the Siddiqui family. The Michael family have been part of the cast since the first series, though they were absent during the fifth series because the father Andy was standing in the general election for Hastings and Rye as a UKIP candidate
I'm a Classics graduate and have been writing for over three years. Hopefully going to go into novel writing some day. I'm mostly interested in theme parks and roller coasters - I've been on 300 coasters and plan on going on lots more!