We all enjoy a bit of retail therapy now and then, but like other things, shopping can become very addictive if you’re not careful. It can be hard to resist the temptation to buy that nice new dress, that cool new top, that handy household appliance or that expensive new phone. Here are 12 sigs you’re completely and utterly addicted to shopping – if any of these apply to you, you might want to think about getting your spending habits under control before you end up with no money and mountains of stuff you don’t really need.
Even if you really can’t afford to go shopping, you still go anyway – if you’re already in debt, surely a little more wouldn’t hurt?
2. Buying something new makes you feel excited, but the excitement soon dies and you have to buy something else for it to come back
3. You love the act of whipping your card out and charging your purchases to it
4. A day without buying something new is a day wasted
5. You buy things you don’t need simply because you like buying things
6. Your exercise routine consists of visiting many, many shops
7. You become very upset when something you desperately want to buy isn’t available
8. Your nearest and dearest have tried to warn you about your excessive shopping, but you will defend your shopping habits no matter what
9. You enjoy shopping more than spending time with people
10. You’re one of those people who takes full advantage of Black Friday and will physically fight with people who dare to snatch your flat-screen TV from you
11. You want to work in your favourite store so you can get a staff discount
12. Shopping solves all of your problems – you come back armed with bags of goodies and a more positive outlook on life