No matter how many recipes we follow, or how high quality the ingredients we purchase, we can’t ever seem to make our food look as good as it does in the animated movies. Here are 23 solid photos that prove the theory that fictional food from cartoons makes us hungrier than ever!
1. This breakfast porridge in Mulan looks so yummy, even with a cricket sat in the middle of it!
2. The giant honey pot that Winnie the Pooh encounters in his self-titled movie makes us green with envy!
3. The secret formula to the Krabby Patty is something we’ve always longed for more than Spongebob Squarepants himself!
4. Everybody wanted to be Lumiere’s guest on Beauty and the Beast! The “grey stuff” really did look delicious, whatever it was!
5. These eight immaculate lime green ice cream cones on Scooby Doo look like the perfect cool-me-down on a hot day.
6. Ponyo’s steamy bowl of noodles complete with ham, eggs, and green onions gave us a whole new appreciation for Japanese cuisine.
7. We don’t condone stealing, but that fresh loaf of bread from Aladdin made us totally understand why he felt the urge to take it!
8. Spaghetti and meatballs have never been the same since Lady and the Tramp. How many of us have tried to reenact the iconic scene?
9. That perfectly-crafted gooseberry pie from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves made us anything but ‘grumpy’!
10. Yes, it’s a heart-attack in a bun, but chowing down The Clogger from The Simpsons was a risk we’re all willing to take!
11. Admit it, you didn’t watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the heroic fight scenes. You watched it for the pizza!
12. The only thing we learned from Alice in Wonderland is that a mysterious bowl of cookies, each with a different shape and label, is impossible for anyone to resist!
13. We thought we knew what dumplings were until we laid eyes on those large fluffy dumplings that Lin and Chihiro eat on Spirited Away.
14. It blows our mind that something as plain as corn look so darn appetizing in it’s cartoon form! Thanks Cinderella!
15. Kronk’s spinach puffs in The Emperor’s New Groove gave us all a reason to want to live a healthier lifestyle.
16. Who didn’t want to be force-fed donuts as an “ironic punishment” like Homer did in The Simpsons?
17. If all rats cooked as good as Remy in Ratatouille, we’d have no problem letting them into our kitchens!
18. When Tiana made soup in The Princess and the Frog, the movie theatres were filled with mouth-watering Disney fans!
19. Those chewy fried eggs and bacon that Markl wolfs down in Howl’s Moving Castle looked heavenly!
20. The way Rafiki effortlessly munches exotic fruit in The Lion King like it’s no big deal was inspiring to us all.
21. We thought hand-drawn pie looked good, until we saw how scrumptious it looked in 3D when Rapunzel baked it in Tangled.
22. Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs was paradise for food lovers. The giant pancake especially made us reaching for the screen in hope it would come to life!
23. Finally, don’t pretend you didn’t want to try that big juicy grub in The Lion King! We all thought it looked tasty AF!