Star wars is without a doubt, one of the biggest film franchises in the world, if not the biggest have amassed a staggering amount of money with every release of the movie. The new Star Wars film is being released at the end of this year and is likely to break every box office record once again with fans, old and new, likely to be paying to see the new film and where the new trilogy will go. So let’s check out 20 fun Star Wars facts you probably didn’t know.
1. Alec Guiness who played Obi Wank Kenobi in the original trilogy originally called the film “fairy-tale rubbish” despite going on to make $95 million in royalties from the film.
2. Harrison Ford, arguably the biggest hit of the film was only paid $10,000 to film the whole of A New Hope.
3. Peter Cushing, who played Grand Moff Tarkin, found his costume boots so uncomfortable that he wore slippers during many of his scenes, and insisted his feet just never be in the shots.
4. The word “ewok” is never actually said out loud in any of the films.
5. Yoda was originally going to be played by a monkey wearing a mask and carrying a cane.
6. Yoda’s species is never actually told throughout any of the Star Wars films.
7. Ewan Mcgregor, who plays Obi Wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy’s Uncle, Dennis Lawson played Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy.
8. 20. Luke’s lightsaber in Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi was originally going to be blue to match the lightsaber he lost in the previous film, but George Lucas was worried that it would confuse audiences, and thought a green lightsaber would look better, so he made the change.
9. 51. E.T.’s alien species are part of the Star Wars universe. A delegation of the aliens can be seen in the Galactic Senate.
10. Every Star Wars film has been released the week after George Lucas’ birthday on May 14th.
12. George Lucas’ daughter Katie Lucas appears as a Twi’lek dancer in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones.
13. Her sister, Amanda Lucas, appears as a background extra.
14. Their brother, Jett Lucas, appears as a young Padawan in the Jedi archives.
15. The phrase “I have a bad feeling about this” is said in every film.
16. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader has been played by six different people: David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Bob Anderson, Sebastian Shaw, Jake Lloyd, and Hayden Christensen.
17. In one draft of Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi, Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda were going to leave the Force, and return to their physical bodies again to either assist Luke in his confrontation with Darth Vader and the Emperor, or to join him during the celebration on Endor.
18. Many of the buildings constructed to be used in shots of Tatooine are still standing in Tunisia. In fact, some of them are still used by locals.
19. 5. The sound of the TIE Fighter engines is actually the sound of an elephant call mixed with the sounds of a car driving on wet pavement.
20. 16. Mark Hamill was in a bad car accident before filming started on Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back, causing severe facial trauma. The scene in which Luke Skywalker is mauled by a Wampa was added to account for the scarring on his face.