1) You’re supposedly more intelligent (don’t hate me for saying that, it’s backed by science), but you definitely don’t feel it when you wake up in the morning after staying up until 4am again.
2) Because getting up in the morning isn’t just difficult for you, it’s actual hell.
3) And, you REALLY hate anyone who is remotely cheerful before 10:00am.
4) Attempts to go to bed early usually fail.
5) And you need at least one nap to get you through the day.
6) In fact, naps are your best buddy.
7) You also regularly get up close and personal with your old friend Mr Caffiene.
8) As a child you hated going to bed early, and probably found it difficult to sleep at night.
9) And you were always late for school because of it.
10) In fact, you’re still late for everywhere as an adult if it starts before midday.
11) Sometimes it feels as though this whole 9-5 crap only exists to torture you. And you don’t understand why nobody else at work seems to hate it as much as you do.
12) Some days, you think of getting a job as a security guard or something just so you can work nights.
13) But it’s not all bad. As well as more intelligent, science also says you’re more creative.
14) Probably because they’re fewer people around to annoy you while you’re creating your latest masterpiece during the night.
15) And all of your best works are the result of pulling all-nighters.
16) Probably while enjoying midnight snacks.
17) Still, proving to everyone else that you’re talented is immensely difficult, because normal people only see you as the clumsy gimp who can’t make it to work on time or function properly throughout the day.
18) But everyone loves you when it’s time to hit the bar, because it’s pretty much guranteed you’ll be the last one standing at the end of night.
19) Although God help whoever tries to wake you up the next day.
20) Or any morning for that matter.
21) Still, you wouldn’t change your body clock, because being a night owl is like being a part of a secret club that only the best people are in.
22) After all, Obama is reportedly night owl. And if he can run a whole country on a few hours sleep, why can’t the rest of us?
Is there anything about being a night owl we missed? Let us know in the comments!